View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
This off season is going to be really interesting. It's clear that there are guys who are done in Philadelphia and will be moving on. However, it's going to be interesting to see who comes in and replaces them. Will the replacements be internal or external?

It's almost a lock that Testwuide is going to make the team as Holmgren said he expects him to come in and compete for a spot. If Hartnell gets moved, does Testwuide fit into Hartnell's slot or does he move to the top line with Gagne and Richards and fills the role Mike Knuble played.

Also, what will become of Pat Maroon? His year in Adirondack this year was nothing to write home about. It was injury riddled and he had a conflict with the coach there. With that being said, Maroon got a chance to show off his passing skills (which are highly under rated) and he also showed something that most people did not expect him to have - a mean streak.

I know much is made about Maroon's skating, but I can honestly say that his skating has improved ten fold from the day he was drafted. He'll never be a burner in terms of speed, but he can more than hold his own. The way some people talk of Maroon's skating, you'd think he was wearing cinder blocks on his feet skating through waist high molasses. I'll say this - there are much worse skaters in the league than Maroon.

I honestly believe that Hartnell is gone this off season. What seals the deal for me was the STH Town Hall when Holmgren was talking about moving a player with a No Trade Clause and he specifically singled out Hartnell. Too much of a coincidence to believe anything else. Like I said previously, if the offer for Ryan Clowe from San Jose is on the table, I'd hope the Flyers would take it.
Maroon is going to need a strong off season and training camp to have a shot. He should sit down with Lavi and find out what the coach wants him to work on. He's worked hard to improve himself this far, I would expect him to keep it up.

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote