Thread: Roster at 25
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Foppa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
Willsie sucks, always has, I dunno why other than needing a top sixer in the AHL the Avs seem to have a soft spot for him. Hopefully he'll be put on the unprotected list to give him a shot at another club that could use him. Maybe Atlanta or something. When I see Willsie I can't help but think of the Avs other "gems" like Matte and Aubin.
Two words: Jozef Marha

Marha actually had some talent though...I really thought in my heart of hearts that he was going to be a star. I remember one game he got called up for in particular...absolutely labeled a lazer for a goal. I thought he was going to become the player that Milan Hejduk became...Boy, was I ever wrong.

Those were some interesting days though, when guys like Matte, Marha, Larsen, Willsie, Nieminen, Dan Smith, and Berry were some of our stud prospects. And Milan Hejduk was a little known-European who I believe was even exposed to Nashville in the expansion draft the year the Preds came into the league. Makes you wonder if Sergei Shemetov and not Jonas Johansson or Marek Svatos is our next star to be