View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Since 2007 (when Lombardi fired Al Murray and replaced the entire scouting staff) they have drafted...

Hickey, Moller, Simmonds, Martinez, Doughty, Teubert, Voynov, Loktionov, Campbell, Czarnik, Wudrick, Schenn, Clifford, Deslauriers, Kolomatis, Vey, Kozun...

All players who have had some form of success at varying levels. Six of the names listed above have appeared in NHL games, a lot of them have represented their respective national teams in international tournaments and they are still developing and learning their craft in Manchester or in juniors. I'd say they have done a remarkable job of stockpiling assets. The scouting staff that Dean Lombardi has already gotten results with more to come.
This looks pretty solid to me. I give them an A- for the time period defined above. For people giving C's, I'm just curious what teams you think deserve an A for this time period and list their top talent younger than 22. Washington and maybe Chicago are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head with multiple difference makers < 22 yrs.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote