View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Absolutely...definitely more wiggle room.

Just a couple of asides:

If I'm Parse, I'm hoping someone throws a reasonable offer sheet my way, because I'm not going to get a fair shake here, for better or for worse.

Re: Kovy--I can't find where I posted it now, but I said something to the effect of I doubt Kovy gets anything with a cap hit over 7, maybe 7.2 million from a playoff team. I could see a squad like EDM or even maybe NYI (I can't speak for their budgetary constraints, so totally spitballing ideas) throwing the big money at him to advance in the standings and get some star power, but I'm sure Kovy understands what Hossa has done--sacrifice a little money for the big picture--and may be going for the same.

If he signs here or any other playoff team for anything over 7 million, well, I'll eat my shoe.
You sure Parse is a RFA right? I thought so too but capgeek has him listed as an UFA.

Yeah, if I'm Parse, no way do I want to play for TM.

The toughest part about acquiring Kovy is the 2011-12 season. DD will be a RFA as well as JJ AND we'll still have another year of Smyth at 6.2 mil. This is why I say we need to shed some salary now (Stoll & JW) instead of waiting for the last moment and getting shortended on a transaction.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote