View Single Post
Old
05-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavboyz View Post
I agree with most of this, power comes from arms, legs, shoulders,core and stick. So take a shot, then ask yourself "Am I using my shoulders enough?" take another shot and ask if you are getting enough power from your legs (push off with your back leg to help transfer energy) Do this for each power source to ensure you are getting power from each source.

Number two is the only one I would have to disagree with. You are still going to want to hit the ground an inch or two behind the puck, this is the only way you will load the stick, which is half of what the slapshot is all about. I started hitting the ground a few inches behind, now I hit it about 10 inches behind because if I don't the stick will not be fully loaded.

Number one piece of advice, keep on shooting!
That's not a bad thing, but the whippier you go with sticks the more that will cause to break. Not necessarily a warning to you (you mentioned the flexes your using earlier) but to the people reading in general. If you're using a lower flex and hitting the ice too far back you will eventually snap a stick.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote