Thread: Post-Game Talk: So...you still wanna fire Homer?
View Single Post
Old
05-06-2010, 04:57 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Possibly, but the Flyers are trying to win now and Carter is proven while they are still developing. He is one of our most important forwards and it weakens the team to move him.
I never understood this.

Richards and Carter may have just recently hit their prime.
Giroux and vanRiemsdyk will be on the way shortly.

Sure we traded quite a bit of future when we got Pronger in an attempt to win in the next couple years, but when Holmgren was asked about giving up the future, he said he felt we had the excess futures to give it a strong shot.

4 years from now, I think the strategy is sort of like this:

vanRiemsdyk - Richards - Giroux
(Gagne) - Carter - Briere*
XXXXX - XXXXX - Nodl#
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Coburn - Pronger (aged)
XXXXX - XXXXX
Bartulis/Bourdon/Gustafsson/Lehtivuori - Marshall

Bobrovsky/Eriksson
XXXXX

* denotes a player me need to move.
# Nodl is starting to show glimpses of being a solid third line winger despite limited offensive capabilities. I'm actually fairly pleased with him, though I wish he could find his scoring touch. Nobody else right now among forwards is showing me much.

We have a lot of future needs now. We're going to need a future no. 1 defenseman and some top wingers. That draft pick in 2011 is going to be important.

I'd like to try to move Hartnell and Carle to see if we can get a some picks/futures. We start the rebuild on the fly. Holmgren's analysis of talent allows us to do that.

We are not trying to be a window team. I don't know why everyone sees it that way. We have an incredible young core assembled that we need to build around while we're pushing for a championship in the next couple of years.

I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, but everyone here really likes complaining. I'd like to see ways we can try to keep this going. We are a very good team, and I'd like to keep it that way for another long stretch.

Last edited by CS: 05-06-2010 at 05:04 AM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote