View Single Post
Old
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Ozolinsh_27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Having 2 horrible skating wingers is unfair offensively to the center. Plus it means he has to be faster coming back since they'll be so slow. As a center, I appreciated having 1 speedy winger on my line. Now, I am playing the role of that speedy winger.

Can we also mention how important it is for the centers sanity that they also have one decent puck handling winger on their line for a breakout pass? I know one winger in particular I've encountered in the past few years that essentially melts into a puddle every time the puck is passed to them in the defensive zone by the D for a breakout pass to the center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
What I find frustrating about the whole thing is that the new adult players have no idea on how to be a good wing, defenseman, center, or goaltender. I mean it's easy for a lot of you cause you have played all your life, but we have to learn bit by bit by either watching hockey on T.V or getting yelled at by more experience players on your team.
Good point!

This site I'm linking is a purely basic helpful description for beginners. Some of the terminology they use is really bad, look past it.

http://www.bbshockey.com/Tips/Hockey-Positions.htm

My personal pet peeve (related to wingers) is when they come back in the defensive zone trying to help out and they get the puck below/by the hash marks and try to clear the puck out by shooting it to the spot they just vacated only to have it intercepted by their D on your blueline. I did this in my first year of organized hockey, got called out on it at the bench by the coach and try to never do it again.

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote