Thread: Proposal: Hartnell at the draft
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
nycbruins*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Last year was a career year for Hartnell. If you take a look at the whole body of work, you'll see that he's nothing more than a 22 goal/42point per season player. This year, he had 44 points, so that's about the norm with Hartnell. He had less goals, but more assists.

He's proven he's not a consistent 60 point scorer. The Flyers had Hartnell ear marked for Knuble's role and Hartnell blew it. Big deal that he was going through "some personal things" this year. Suck it up. Everyone at some point or another goes through things like that. If things were so bad, he should have taken a leave to deal with his crap and not use it as an excuse for his poor play.

The guy's a hack, nothing more, nothing less.
I was interested in Hartnell as a Bruins fan last season. I don't really want anything to do with him anymore. I know of the personal stuff, but I just think there has to be a lower body injury as well. He never seemed fast to me, but he looks ridiculously slow now.

3 more years @ $4.2 million/season is a tough pill to swallow.

Bieksa would be a decent proposal, except the fact that he's off the books after next season. Think about d-men with bad contracts with more years left on them. Unfortunately, a lot of them reside in Edmonton and I doubt anyone waives a NTC to go to Edmonton.

I was making Thomas-for-Hartnell proposals not long ago, but then I watched him play in the 2nd half of the season.

Might have to hope for a bounce back year from him and look to move salary elsewhere.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote