View Single Post
Old
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
I can't blame Biron for thinking he was worth that much when Huet received $5.6M and Theodore received $4.5M the previous year. The problem is he completely misread the market. The previous year goalies were getting overpaid, but last year there was not much of a market at all.

I am not sure how much blame his agent deserves since he switched agents right before free agency and his demands didn't change.
Well I am not going to get into a debate about Agent vs Player responsibilities. But the Agent primary goal should be assessing the market and what he can get his player. Biron's primary goal should be focusing on hockey and playing his best to get him the best contract, which is why they higher agents to do the former.

If the agent tells him, "trust me we can hardball the Flyers to get you more money" then I find the burden falls on the agent. Since he was completely wrong in that assessment, then he should be at least be partially to blame. He was fired and Biron was left looking desperate to find even a backup role.

I remember vaguely a Holmgren qoute about how Biron's agent hadn't even talked to them over the past few weeks, which was right around the time he was going to hit the free market.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote