View Single Post
Old
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Regardless of the reason, they let him go. Biron's agent was clearly asking for too much and it would have been stupid to pay him $5 mil, but I think they probably could worked something out eventually. I mean he wound up signing for what $1.4 mil? Not blaming anything on Flyers management or anything like that, just saying I wish he would have came back. If nothing else, Biron was consistent. He was an average to above average goalie but he was consistent. Boosh is streak city, Leighton played well but regardless of injury I wasn't expecting that to last. Emery was a bit streaky too which was likely because of his injury, but still. Biron was nothing more and nothing less than solid during his time in Philly. You can't really ask for more out of a goalie. It would be nice to have the Lundqvists or Luongos of the game, there are maybe five or six goalies in the league (if that) that are considered to be elite. I would throw Biron right in the middle of the pack with guys like Ellis who people are saying the Flyers should sign. To me Biron = Ellis = 75% of the goalies in the league.
I don't think you would get many arguments about wanting to keep Biron on these boards. Most wanted him back, but for something more reasonable. 3yr $3-3.5mill contract.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote