Thread: Proposal: A Trade With Minny (Weber)
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2010, 12:44 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I several concerns with this trade:

Firstly, it is practically no help from a financial standpoint. Koivu is an UFA after next season, and will require a new, and likely more lucrative, contract. For this season, it actually costs Nashville more overall salary and makes the nearly impossible task (with the current constraints) of re-signing Hornqvist even harder.

Secondly, if Nashville must trade either Weber or Suter, they should trade Suter. Regardless of which of the two is the better defenseman, Nashville's defensive prosepects (Ellis and Blum, primarily) are close to Suter in their abilities than Weber.

Unless 100% absolutely necessary, you don't trade Weber or Suter. The clear direction of this team is that it is going to be their team for years to come. Before you do that, you ask someone with a NM/TC to waive it for the betterment of the team. You admit your mistake, you ask for forgiveness, and you do what's right for the team- which is your job. Keeping any of the five that have those clauses over Shea Weber and Ryan Suter is not what's best for the team.

Havlat's injury concerns are an issue for me as well (thanks Soundgarden).

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by David Singleton: 05-07-2010 at 01:03 PM.
David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote