View Single Post
Old
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I'm not sure I'd say that. I think my offer is asking for "more". Thats because Dumont (to the Caps) would have negative value in this deal.

While the rights to Hamhuis are nifty little trinket the Caps will be probably gunning for Volchenkov this offseason and there are a couple trade options that can be explored. So not sure how much that is worth.

Does Arnott+Tootoo = Semin? Who are we to say not being NHL GMs but I don't think the value is as far off as you think. That would mean Fleischmann for a 1st (in the second deal that was brought up). I think the Caps would at least consider it.

But trust me I seriously doubt Semin signs for cheap this offseason. He seems to want more than $6 million for a long term..or perhaps he wants to bolt to his native land and be more comfortable.

Semin is usually a beast in the playoffs. Flash not so much. He is puny and gets pushed off the puck too much. He does have very nice skills and can rifle a wrist shot under the bar if he has a little space...doesn't usually happen in playoffs tho.

Trust me Arnott + Tootoo for Semin is a steal BUT Nashville can't afford it. Flash for a 1st sounds fair.

The number is 45 million, that is the self imposed cap. Unless Poile has permission from ownership to go over this then he's not going to. The real problem is that Nashville is pretty close to the mid level number with the current players coming up and Semin will definitely push that over.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote