Thread: Speculation: Which Big Salaried Forward Goes?
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
renodave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I've been very accountable of Marleau's shortcomings in these playoffs. He's not doing enough offensively in terms of production but I'm not pretending like some people that he's been useless out there. He's been doing a damn fine job on his shifts killing penalties. He's been good as the 3rd man high. He's been using his speed to open up ice for his linemates. He simply is not getting on the board enough and that's a legitimate issue and concern. That reality doesn't make it a deal-breaker for me to let him walk because you don't simply replace 40+ goals from within and you don't replace his speed, offensive instincts, and defensive capabilities period.

You make some good points Pink, but the simple fact is that Marleau has drastically underperformed over the past 4 playoffs. His playoff scoring production is less than 1/2 of what it is during the regular season. This is not an abberation but a trend. It has nothing to do with the raw skills Marleau has, but the six inch void between his ears. I'd be shocked to see him in teal next year.

renodave is offline   Reply With Quote