View Single Post
Old
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
HowToHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAYK View Post
I've also ordered myself a net from a Finnish company that, well.. Manufactures netting for different purposes. They didnt have netting that was designed to withstand pucks for a longer timespan. So the cool guy who i had the E-mail conversation with said that they can make me the same size net as the golfing net but from a thicker twine, so it will last for a long time. Now i just need to purchase myself a goal so i can really get cracking with the shooting. Atleast i can attach some paper targets around the netting when i receive it, to ease my worst withdrawls from not being able to get on the ice.
I actually shoot into net as well, it is just like the nets on the amazon link. Getting netting for golf balls is actually a better idea though becuase it is dual purpose! I tried driving balls into my net and it goes right through

For light netting The trick is to hang it loosely, so it gently slows the puck down, then there is barely any wear on the net. I have been hammering slapshots into my net for about a month now (I just pulled it out of the barn at my mom's place)

My netting is very light, I got it from a shoelace factory when I was 16 and paid way to much to have it custom made for a project I was doing. I am really happy with it's performance, I just hung it between two trees with some nails, works like a charm.

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote