View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 03:42 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3owner
No one is expecting peat or henry to be anything more then 3rd or 4th line guys...but they do what is advertised of them and I feel peat is one of the better 4th line fighters in the league and warrants seeing 7 minutes a game...peat/henry are better 4th line players then gordon or semin...just b/c txpd you have no love for goon type hockey players, doesnt mean the dont have a place on a hockey team...we need players that are going to get the dirty work done, especially on a team as soft as ours...grier, kono, halpren and suts all have the heart to standup for our guys but with being so thin on defense we need those guys out of the penalty box and on the ice

I really havent seen henry or peat make any stupid plays that have cost a game...i do agree with you in that there is no point at keeping all 3 of verot, henry and peat together
You are right. I don't believe the pure goon has much value. I don't see how PJ Stock beating the crap out of Stephen Peat is going to stop Brendan Witt from knocking the snot out of Sergei Samsanov. Stock is not going to be getting in Witt's grill about. It just doesn't happen. But I understand that there is a need for a player like Stephen Peat. On the other hand I can never imagine Peat being a 3rd line player like Steve Konowalchuk. As Semin or Gordon not being as good a 4th line player as Peat. The GM and the coach have already spoken on that.
Last year Henry played 38 games. Peat played 27 games. Do do the math. Thats nearly 25% of the games where neither played. McPhee has said that its very possible that the Caps will go with a none traditional 4th line..without the grinders because with Semina and Gordon and Sutherby they can role 4 lines. He said the last time they ran 4 lines they went to the finals. So, its not just me that's talking about keeping one fighter and dressing him against the right teams and scratching him for another plan against other teams.