View Single Post
Old
03-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFAN
Tawnos , I understand all that you posted, I'm just baffled at how people ignore the fact that this is about irresponsible owners, and love throwing the word greed around in regards to the players and the union. Yet disregard the total lack of business savy and sense that has been displayed by the owners and actually applaud what they have done, with rhetoric like" at least they are trying to fix it!" How about ....its their own fault for screwing it up ,and they should each have to bear the burden on their own, of fixing it, and ride out the situation bad contracts and all! That's what any of us would have to do if we made a bad financial decision! No one held guns to these guys heads! Last time I checked, the majority of us were no different than the players in that we are all looking for the biggest wage posssible.
I think you misunderstood what I posted. I meant that if the league was really losing as much money as it claims, then it would be a bad business decision on the part of the Wall St. firm to buy it for as much as they offered. It just seems illogical to me.

I've always been on the side of the players, for a few reasons. This had nothing to do with that.