Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Sergei Bobrovsky
View Single Post
Old
05-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
They won't get a good look at him in a practice setting along with other members of the team until after the draft at the prospects camp.

So it's either they view him as that now or they don't.

Based on the way the organization has discussed him, I'm pretty sure they feel he can be their young prospect goalie. He won't make an immediate impact, but likely neither would Schneider or Bernier. Well, maybe they would, but they're not the kind of players you could count on to start a long season immediately without a failsafe unlike Price, who I would feel comfortable with.
Have there been any quotes from the organization about him?

Yeah if the Flyers were to go the young goalie route I'd be much more comfortable with someone with NHL experience like Price. I never thought they'd go for someone like Schneider because he is completely unproven unless they had him split time with Turco, but with Bob being signed there's not much reason to go that route. I was a bit surprised when the writers said they are high on Bernier since he is also unproven, although I do think he can be special so I guess that's the appeal. I'd be pretty thrilled if they ended up with him though. But like you said they'd need a failsafe like Turco or Ellis to go with him.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote