View Single Post
Old
05-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
I hear you loud and clear after watching Craig Smith, a very bright spot on the team commit a couple ignorant penalties early in the year. It's maddening to watch a stupid play decide a game. I'm assuming you compared Clark to Geoffrion given Blake's propensity for taking some pretty bad penalties his first two years. I wondered what the hype was about his freshman year, but it was nice to watch him develop from loose cannon into the programs first Hobey winner.
Yup, thats what I meant. Seems like Geoffrion always found a reason to jaw with the refs on every penalty (even when he should have just kept his mouth shut) and it seems like he let himself get drawn into scuffles much too often.
Dont get me wrong, it made things entertaining (sometimes I had to just laugh at his antics) but theres times where Geoffrion committed stupid penalties.

Quote:
Leadership and passion shouldn't be a concern with McDonagh as captain and guys like Stepan and Smith (Craig) along for the ride. Plus, you can't underestimate a team that went through the sting of being housed in a national championship game.
Im not going to count my chickens until October. A lot more players are expect to announce they are going pro by then, so its difficult to say what the team will look like. My feeling is that the '10-'11 team is going to be a completely different team than the '09-'10 team.
Not to mention that ND and SCSU are going to be pretty stacked with senior players next year, so I honestly dont expect the Badgers to make a run like they did this year.
Im hopeful, but Im not going to get my hopes up too much.