Answers to the Big Questions...?
View Single Post
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
1) Will PMB be back on the ice to start (or close to the start of) next season?
1a) If yes, will he have lost a step?
No. He's got a long road ahead, especially if he hasn't been able to work out for nearly a year.
2) Will Latendresse prove that this year in Minnesota wasn't a fluke? Or in other words will he put up even better numbers next season?
Yes. I think he's got 40 potential, and he's the kind of forward that Martin Havlat needs.
3) Will Brent Burns return to his old self & be the crushing blue-liner he was a few years ago?
Yes, we saw it at season's end, and the World Championships should go a long way in helping him continue to come around.
4) Will Martin Havlat look more like he did in his last season in Chicago or will he have another disapointing season with the Wild next year?
It depends on who we get to center his line. If you look at the centers he's had success with, off hand, Kyle Brodziak and Dave Bolland- both are gritty, workman-like pivots (althought Bolland has more talent than Brodziak.) Hence, he needs a guy who will create time and space for him to operate.
5) Will we still have Josh Harding by the start of next season? Or how about by the trade deadline?
He'll probably be dealt, but I don't think he'll get a huge return. That being said, the return could be used to get a bigger return. But, he shouldn't be dealt for the sake of being dealt.
6) Will the Wild have another full season of "sell-outs" to keep the streak alive?
Its a deceiving figure; sellouts are tickets distributed, not butts in seats. I don't know what the sellout figure is- I don't think its 18,568 because I've been to sellouts with 17,000+...but in reality, there are 16,500 tickets bought and spoke for already (season ticket holders i.e. my dumb ass) so they only really have to distribute roughly 1500-2000 more. Its just a marketing campaign.
7) Will the Wild make the Play-offs in 2010-2011?
7a) If yes, what seat do you think they'll earn?
Yes. Anywhere from 5-8. Although, I think that only Colorado and Vancouver stand in the way of a division championship.
8) Will the Wild have a better road record next season?
8a) Will the Wild finally break the curse & win a road game in Dallas?
They had roughly a .500 record after September, so yes. And yes they will finally win in Dallas.
9) Take the Over / Under - More or less short-handed goals against us next season?
Less, but not by much. When you have this kind of system, then that's an inevitable by product.
10) Will the Wild still have James Sheppard by this time next season?
Ooooooh tough one. No.
10a) Over/under - Will he break 6 points next season regardless of where he is playing?
Yes, because he'll have more playing time, whether its in Houston or somewhere else.
11) Will we still have Derek Boogaard by this time next season?
Nope. We won't have him July 4th either.
12) Do you expect to be happy with Fletcher's off season & regular season moves, deals & drafting by this time next year...?
Yes. But someone will probably be irritated that we didn't take all Minnesotan high schoolers, and that we didn't sign free agent Minnesotans, and that we didn't trade for Minnesotans.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by firstroundbust