View Single Post
Old
05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Sort of irrelevant to a "backup" discussion. He's a "backup" and not meant for a starting role... if he has to do that for you, then you have a problem.
But look what happened this season. We got from all the Boosh fans that he is a perfectly fine backup who can play 20 non-consecutive games. When our starter goes down (which time and time again has happened in the past) you need your backup to do an alright job in the net. He though pretty much shat the bed. I know I know, he is a backup, but what if that happens next season? Say we get the almighty Price and he gets hurt? Or Turco and he gets hurt? Leighton was thrown in there after around 10 games off and pulled off just 1 goal against him. Boucher was thrown in there and let in a goal on the first shot. Boucher in the past has been fully adequate, but when he has gotten time like a normal backup here (contrary to belief, he was thrown in like a regular backup. I think one game he let in 5 goals), he hasnt done well.

Like I said though, based off of just contract, Boucher is back. I just hope our starter doesnt get hurt or we are back to square 1 again.

The swedish goaltender part came from he was doing so bad at one point in the season, that an unknown quality was started over him.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote