Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Sergei Bobrovsky
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
That is why I am in full support of a Marty Turco signing in the neighborhood of 3 years or so. I really don't think the goalie free agent market is going to be as expensive as people think. The market is flooded with capable starting goaltenders which I think will bring down contract demands. I could definitely see Turco settling for a 3 year, 3.5-4.5 million dollar contract, which is more than reasonable if we can move 1 contract player (IMO, Carle, who is at his highest value...) and with Randy Jones contract coming off the books, we should be able to handle those demands. I also think that of potential places, Turco would definitely be willing to come to Philly, he is a guaranteed starter, unless Bobrovsky suddenly turns out to be the next Patrick Roy, for an extremely competitive team.
I agree with you that the goalie market won't be as expensive, but I think such a deal for a 35+ Marty Turco is way too risky. No way I do that.

Edited to add: His birthday is not until August so I don't think he will count as a 35+ contract, but I still wouldn't sign him to 3 years at his age.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote