Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Sergei Bobrovsky
View Single Post
Old
05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
JVR easily has more talent than Carter, I mean, Carter has never seen a shot he didn't like, JVR has better hands and is a much better passer.

Roo is a great player and I've changed my tune on dealing him, but I don't think he'll ever be in the Kane-St. Louis class because he's never going to be a scorer because he doesn't have a good shot and he knows it.

I mean, JVR's growth curve is going to take longer, at this age, Bobby Ryan was still in the AHL and he might be the nearest comp.

But bottom line, I've virtually never seen a package like JVR. Outside of getting some more snarl (which will hold him back a tad), he literally has all the tools and he has size, I'm not saying he's a guaranteed monster, but once he gets his legs under him, he's going to be a serious force.

I actually did slightly underestimate the NCAA impact, but it's difficult to go from playing 40 games per year to 90+, give him a year or two under his belt and a real C and I think he's going to explode.
OK, lets slow down. Part of the reason Carter has never seen a shot he didn't want to take is because he has one of the best wrist shots we've ever seen. He's also a MUCH better skater than JVR--which isn't a shot at JVR's skating ability, more a statement of how good Carter's is.

In raw physical tools, Carter is one of the best players to ever put on a Flyers jersey.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote