View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 04:47 PM
PigPen

vCash: 500
Darren McCarty, Floyd Devereaux and Yzerman for the wings. Though Yzerman's injury the past 3 years has been the same one; knee with no cartiledge in it.

I wouldn't say Comrie, Gagne or Peca are injury prone. Those guys haven't missed a ton of games in their careers. Peca missed a year because he held out. He only missed 13 games this season after coming back from knee reconstruction, which was the first major injury of his career.
Comrie missed a handful of games because of a broken thumb, nothing else.
Simon Gagne missed games this year though I can't remember why. He should be 110% better now, and unless he has a freak accident on the ice he won't miss many if any games this year. He's another to take off.
Morozov had his first major injury ever last season, but should be just fine now.
Alex Mogilny isn't really injury prone. There were a few games where he was just sat out or given the day off to spend time with his family by Quinn.

Don't assume a player is injury prone because they missed a portion of one season.
I think the criteria for this category should be a player who has missed 20+ games a year DUE TO INJURY on numerous occasions. Not missing a game or two every month because of a sore back or the flu.