View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
At Game Three I took my Pronger WC jersey to the Wachovia Atrium shop where they personalize and sell jerseys... They said they could add my 'A' for $5.00 while I waited. Then they talked it over and looked around and came back saying they did not have the 'A' that was made for the Winter Classics... The Road White letters are Black, the WC IIRC are Orange in Black. I was crushed. I'll check back Wednesday, but I don't think that they will have got them in by then... if they even though to get them after I asked. I suppose that I can take it to the SkateZone in Voorhees and have them sew one on for probably a higher cost... if they even have them... But that would mean I would have to leave it for a while. So that would be in the offseason, whenever that begins; hopefully not for some time.

While at the Wachovia shop a guy and his wife were getting two WC jerseys made up for 150.00 each -- twice what I paid for my Pronger at Modells -- I later saw them wearing them and they were BOTH #49 Leightons... I mention to my son that it was a huge gamble since he may not be re-signed... He wisely pointed out to me that he was the WC goalie, therefore a keepsake item. That made a lot of sense... and after tonight and Boucher injury, Leighton may be around for a bit longer. They can wear the jerseys Wednesday when he is in goal.