View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEuro View Post
Thanks for the words of comfort, yet I much more believe in Finland in this tournament than in our own team. Finns have the hardnosed mentality that they fasten the screws when talent doesn't work (or is missing). We have always played a figure-skating fancy hockey, we don't have the types that would crash the net in search for some pain. And on this team we don't even have the talent we usually cover up our lack of grit with.
This team will just be bloodless mark my words.

Oh and Vokoun stinks so far. He stunk at the Olympics, he stunk against Finland during LG games and he allowed two ridiculous goals against clueless France (no offense meant, garcons, just state of the obvious). I know a goalie can carry you miles beyond your roster's paper strength (look ar Tuukka Rask this year in Boston or even more so Jaroslav Halák in Montreal), but we would need a 2005 Gold Medal version of Vokoun to carry us somewhere, because this one won't do.
Vokoun does stink, which is why Pavelec is going in goal today (and also so that he can log some game time) I don't believe in Vokoun, but I do believe in Pavelec