Thread: OT: Random Talk 101
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
vofty

vCash: 500
So I had to take my final early because I have an all day experiment tomorrow which was when it was scheduled for, of course this meant that I had to go to the profs office and take it there. I finish up and am walking out when I hear sirens and people talking about the fire alarm had been pulled in the chemistry building, which was 2 buildings over from where I was taking the exam. Well low and behold...
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/93421299.html
Quote:
there's been a chemical explosion at the Chemistry Annex Building on Ross Street at Texas A&M University. There are reports that two people have been injured.

The blast occurred sometime around 10:45 a.m. on the fourth floor of the building.

The building has been evacuated and people are being urged to avoid nearby buildings.

Fire departments from Bryan, College Station and emergency workers from Texas A&M EMS are responding to the area.

The cause of the explosion is still unknown, but early reports indicate it's the result of a chemical reaction from an experiment that did not go as planned.