Thread: Weber's value
View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 02:23 PM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not so sure of that. His numbers have gone up this year playing with those two yet he put up 28g/23a the year before and I don't think he was playing with them. He's also had 12 short handed points the last two years which would be a nice addition to our team. Add him and Raymond up front and you add some good players with speed and some grit. Plus the other guys and pick in the trade, I'd have a hard time turning that one down to be honest and I think Suter is the better player of him and Weber.
Agreed, Samuelsson has been playing with the Sedins a lot this season, and Burrows has been moved around a fair bit. He's a solid penalty-killer and good forechecker, he went from being an undrafted roller-hockey player to getting in the ECHL, AHL, then as a fourth-line energy guy, then third-line checking guy who was good at the penalty kill, developed chemistry with Kesler as a speedy forechecker who had surprising amounts of skill in tight, and then he blossomed with the Sedins. So he became famous with the Sedins, but he proved his value and versatility (not to mention Cinderella motivational story) long before.

That said, I can't see the Canucks parting with all that, not that I disagree that this would be what it may cost to get Suter/Weber, but Raymond AND Burrows is a steep chunk and Schroeder is exciting many, plus a 1st round pick is direly needed given that many of our prospects are graduating. I could see it happening if Nashville sweetened the bid a bit with a a draft pick or two, and we'd need to maybe keep Shirokov if we're losing two of our wingers.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote