View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Galchenyuk27
FIRE MT AND MB

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Trouble Elevating my Wrister

Hey folks, pretty self explanitory here unfortunately. I had taken a long hiatus from the game, maybe 3 or 4 years. Last hockey I was playing was inline ball hockey, and I had stopped playing ice hockey a year or two before that.

Long story short, it's been awhile. I just got skates again, bought a shooting board, a stick, and a load of pucks, and me and my buddies who have played hockey their whole lives are shooting pucks every day at his house, where he has a range with a goal and everything.

First thing my friends realized is that I really didn't have a wrist shot at all, which is sad, I was just doing more of a snapshot. I have no problems elevating those.

Now that I'm doing a proper wrister, I can't get it above maybe a foot off the ground. I'm starting the puck maybe a foot behind my back foot, shooting it, and trying to point towards my target.

Can anyone advise me on what I could be doing wrong? My wrist show now, although low, is pretty hard. Definitely a decent shot if that's what I intended to do every time, but it isn't, exactly.

Any words of advice?

Thanks a lot, guys.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote