View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 10:57 PM
invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Its the academics.

Its the same reason I laugh when people place BYU in the Pac-10. There are more than football to decisions like this when it comes to conferences, and prestige is ridiculously important to these school presidents. The Big Ten is on an island as it stands with their standards. The Pac-10 has some great schools, but it also has the Arizona schools and Washington State. This is one of the reasons why I've been pushing so hard for Pitt to the Big Ten because it fits the conference perfectly in every regard, except for the apparent fact that because Pennsylvania is already in the Big Ten's reach its unnecessary to include one of the most academically prestigious D-1 programs in the country.

I can only imagine how different life would be here at the University of Montana had the Grizzlies stayed in the Pacific Coast Conference.
In what regard is Pitt one of the most academically prestigious D-1 programs in the country? I never thought of it as a bad school or anything, I'm just not from the area and other than the Cathedral of Learning, I really don't know much that makes it special.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote