View Single Post
Old
05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Really?! Dang I didn't know that!

I don't know if Arnott has ever had a rep for being a passionate leader. Seems like he's had the same reputation with every team he's played on...works hard when he feels like it, which is only sometimes. Don't think he ever had a letter on his jersey with another franchise either but I could be wrong about that.

What makes you say that? I've always wondered what the other players really think about Arnott, and you know they're not going to share any negative thoughts with the public or a fan, so I haven't heard anything negative about him...but I also haven't heard any glowingly positive stuff about him either. It recently came to my attention that he wasn't voted to be captain by his teammates, like we did with Johnson and Timonen, but that Poile gave it to him...so it's not like the players really chose him to be captain.

I kinda feel like we should've done what Montreal did when Koivu left...chose to have no captain, rather than the wrong one. We didn't really have a clear leader after Timonen left, since Sully was hurt...at least not enough of one to let the players vote. Montreal has said that they'll name a new captain when someone separates themselves from the pack, and for now they've got a few alternates instead...seems to be working out well for them.
For what it's worth, the offered it to Markov and he respectfully declined so it's not like it was their first choice not to have a captain. It's worked out well for them with what they ended up with.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote