View Single Post
Old
03-06-2005, 07:53 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
Not that I would ever question Dano ( )...but Hogeboom over Ryan?
I based my decision on camp, pre-season, and the handfull of a dozen games that I saw Hogeboom play in. I think Ryan has come a long way from camp and is playing a solid defensive game, but, IMO, Hogeboom was ahead of Ryan during camp on both sides of the puck.

I hoped that Ryan would step-up during the injury crunch but it really never happened. Over the 13-games in Feb. He had one even strength goal and assist, scored on a penalty shot, and scored twice in shootouts. 3-points in 13-games isn't very good especially when you consider he was given the opportunity to center a scoring line. I'll take points from whomever I can, I just hoped for a little more scoring from him when he became the #2 center as the result of Lehoux's injury. Yes, the team has struggled in the scoring dept. pretty much since Lehoux went down with injury, Ryan is part of the team...

Jeff Miles was brought in from Reading and from what I've seen has earned a chance to challenge Ryan for the #2 center job. In the 12-games that Miles has been up, he has scored 2-goals and has 1-assist. I had Miles ranked slightly higher than Ryan at the conclusion of training camp and pre-season, but figured that Ryan had a new 3-year NHL deal with the Kings in hand and would be kept in Manchester over Miles. Ryan stayed in Manchester and Miles went to Reading...

I would like to see Clarke and TK reunited with either Miles or Ryan between them and see where that goes. At this point, I'd go with Miles between the two given he centered them during camp until Lehoux arrived. Upon Lehoux's arrival at camp, Miles centered Kanko and Hogeboom...

I like Matt Ryan a lot and I think he'll be at least a solid depth player for the organization. He's got 21-games left in the regular season to put up some numbers so we'll see what he can do. Right now he's tied with Giuliano for points with 21 and both have played in 58-games.

That's my long answer to yes, Hogeboom over Ryan...