View Single Post
Old
05-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Jacob Christian

vCash: 500
It is the right decision made by Jannik Hansen. Although I think he will be able to strengthen Team Denmark in the next round, his dissapointment of being eliminated from the playoffs could have a negative effect on his play if he came over.

I mean, this year really was Canucks ultimate chance to go far in the playoffs.

Without Hansen or not, Denmark will still have to perform above usual level to advance to the quarterfinals. A victory against Germany today will improve the Danish chances but it won't be an easy game.

After surprisingly winning the first two games, the Danish team is the favorites against Germany, but I hope that Pär Bäckman has told his team that this game could be their toughest job so far in the tournament. Germany is on home ice and needs a win to be sure to advance (a loss to Germany and a Finnish win against USA can also do it for the Germans).

If I was the Danish head coach I would play Germany the same way as we played USA. It will be game deciding to win the neutral zone and to close down in our own zone.

Kim Staal will get a day off so Alexander Sundberg gets his first game of this year's World's. Sundberg will play an important role in the 4th line where is strength can be useful against a big, strong German team.

Kasper Degn will (probably) move up to the third line and play next to Morten Green and Julian Jakobsen.

Jesper Duus is out with an upper body injury.