Old
09-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Mayhem

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Well Darth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I understand that Bruin's lack depth, and that their situation is currently worse than the Isles (at least on the blueline). But, that doens't change the reality here. The Isles only have four d-men who have shown they can play in the top four. Cairns is a perfectly fine #6, and Martinek is a decent #5 (with upside). But, neither can play 20 - 25 minutes a night.

If the Isles move Aucoin or Kenny J., then one of Cairns or Martinek needs to move into a regular rotation. The Isles don't think either player can do that. And, as a result, they are not very likely to move a defensemen without getting one in return. That is especially the case given our lack of experience in goal (with Dipietro and the likely number 1).
...I certainly respect your position and I concede your point that with inexperience in net the defense needs to be rock solid. Fact of the matter is the Bruins are not a desireable trading partner for the Isles because the Bruins cannot afford to give up what the Isles need aside from picks and prospects.