View Single Post
Old
05-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
skraut.

pretty good for only a couple of weeks. one thing I see is that top hand and arm are kinda close to your body. when you start your back swing try pushing that hand away from you. get that arm a little straighter. more of a pendulum (sp?) motion. its a little hard to see, from the camera angle, and how fast his hands move but in HF68's first video you can see how he gets seperation with his front hand from his waist. when you watch your shot your top hand is kinda stuck to your waist. that will help you get a little more leverage on the stick. keep working though you are doing a good job.also it will help you keep your stick on plane.
Thanks again, Really started focusing on extending that top arm, and the one thing I noticed is that the pucks seem to be getting better spin on them. They are wobbling a lot less on their flight. The other thing I was focusing on was moving my torso back to front a bit more, elongating the arc of my swing. I think I was coming in too sharply. Naturally when I had my wife tape me, I was back to non extended arms, and I had no power. Guess I got camera shy. Though I did have one I couldn't decide if it was 6 or 5 frames. So at 5.5 frames, that's roughly 60 mph.

Last edited by Skraut: 05-13-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote