View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd be interested in Versteeg and Sharp, but as I've said before, I really have no interest in Byfulgien.
I just can't seem to sway your opinion on Byf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Byfuglien is so versatile he can play D too in emergency situations.

Prust-Anisimov-Byfuglien could be a sick 3rd line and he can screen the goalie on the PP and cause all kinds of problems for the Prongers and Gills of the East.
Not a big fan of having Prust on our 3rd line. I think Avery fills that role well. I wouldn't personally consider Byf if we're going to play him on our third line. I think he can be a long-term option as our second-line LW. Adds another dimension we lack, versatile enough to play Forward, and Defense, which is nice considering Torts doesn't typically carry 7 dmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think Slats is going to take a serious look at Byfuglien especially since Arty seemed to play so well with physical wingers.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind any of the three, as long as we don't give up much. It's clear what Dustin can provide. Versteeg is the biggest gamble imo. He's much more skilled than his stats suggest. Sharp is the sure-thing, but he's the oldest, most expensive, and only 2 years remaining on his rather friendly contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Would rather sign Lombardi then to give away assets for Sharp.
Believe me, I'm no fan of giving up picks. I hated the 2nd rounder we gave up for Antropov, and 3rd rounder we gave up for Boyle.

But Lombardi? Over Sharp? Like I said, if a 1st round pick is the asking price for Sharp, then I pass without even blinking. But if we can realistically get him for 2nd, + a prospect not named Kreider/Stepan/McDonagh, I would definitely consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Only interested in Buff, not interested in guys who don't hit, plain and simple. This franchise needs to go in a different direction.
3M+ for Buff. At that price, he needs to perform offensively. There's no doubt in my mind Steeg+Sharp make the bigger impact where we need it most. Reason why I want Byf is because of his variables. Age, size, versatility, and talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The Hawks motivation to move any of these players would be to get under the salary cap. The Rangers have cap concerns. The Hawks 2010-11 cap is a disaster.
We do have cap concerns, but we can afford all three players.

Quote:
Of the three, I like Sharp the best. He's a fair value at $3.9MM and while not a true #1 center, he's pretty close. And it appears he is a team leader. Sharp is a much better option than Lombardi.
He's the safest gamble, imo. I think a 1st line of Dubi-Sharp-Gabs can be pretty successful. He plays just as well at wing too.

Quote:
We know the Hawks can't take back salary. If they like Sanguinetti, he's be a great start. Draft picks are also possible as well as another young prospect. Depends on what the like, want and need.
2nd, + Sangs. Would you do it?

Quote:
The other two guys are fine. I like Byfuglien better than Versteeg but neither fills the needs as well as Sharp.
Sharp
Byf
Steeg

That would be my order. Very close between Sharp+Byf, especially since dustin will cost a little less, and has more long-term appeal than Sharp. Steeg doesn't interest me as much, but I would definitely welcome him if the cost was appropriate for his skills.

All three can play a top-6 role on our team, for a fair price.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote