Thread: Jaro Halák!!
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 02:26 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
This certainly ranks amongst the best performances ever by a Slovak player in the NHL playoffs. There have been a few of them. In *my* opinion, here are the others that would round out the top 5:

1. Marian Hossa, 2008 Pittsburgh Penguins. 20 GP 12+14=26 PTS. Given that Marian is a two way forward that also kills penalties, this was a dominant performance. Must be the closest a Slovak has come to the Conn Smyth trophy (playoff MVP).

2. Marian Gaborik, 2003 Minnesota Wild. 18 GP 9+8=17 PTS. On a team that couldn't score and was relying on Lemaire's system and good goaltending, it seemed like Marian was part of every goal Minnesota scored that year when they made it to the conference final.

3. Peter Stastny, 1985 Quebec Nordiques. 18 GP 4+19=25 PTS. His game 7 overtime winner against the arch-rival Montreal Canadiens is now legendary stuff. I am too young to really judge this one though.

4. Robert Svehla, 1996 Florida Panthers. 22 GP 0+6=6 PTS. Robert and Carkner were paired against Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr and allowed them only two goals in the entire series. Robert played Zdeno Chara minutes, 30+ a game, a really tough player and pillar of strength.
I think that Miro Šatan of 2010 deserves at least a HM.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote