View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
MPS have the speed to play in the NHL, he need to get better around the boards though and practice on his finishing ability. If he does he will fare great over there. He's the most talented offensive player coming out from Sweden since Bäckström.

Omark - I don't think so. He's to weak IMO. Maybe if he plays in the right system, i don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Omark is not NHL material right now. He has some hands and some imaginiation for sure, allowing him to shine a bit, but he si way too passive without the puck, and defensively he will be a nightmare. Omark will need to spend some time in the AHL before he cracks a first or second line in the NHL on a regular basis. My guess is that he gives it a bit of a try, get sick of it and move back to Europe to cash in on the talents he has.

MPS can be all that and a bag of chips, but he has to learn how to fire on all cylinders, every moment, every shift. He has the tools to frustrate and expose any NHL defender but he needs to learn how to consistently challenge them, intimidate them with his speed and skill, torpedo the damn net with himself and the puck, instead of going behind and around it. Like many Swedes, he doesn't see the path through his guy as an option, but keeps searching for a way around him, allowing defenders to stop the attack by simply staying in position and keeping a stick in the passing lane. Having said that, plain mean attitude is something many kids in the NHL can develop quickly, and if he gets that, he will be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnator View Post
MPS needs a year in the AHL, he's too soft and needs to learn the NA game style. Still destined to be a great player in the end though.

Omark is as ready as he will ever get, he is good at protecting the puck, has great balance and quick hands, and would actually benefit from playing on a smaller ice surface. I'm not sure that he would be as good as some people expect him to be though. He is an east-west kind of player and I'm not sure how he would fit inte the north-south game.
I agree with Crazyhorze and Ribban. MPS is ready or at least very close. Omark has serious questionmarks around him, I doubt he will ever be ready.

I do not agree really with "Pwnator" that MPS needs a year in the AHL. Maybe a month or two, if he doesn't make the Oilers out of camp. Omark is the more "european"style player of the two, and will need more time to get used to the NA game. The question is, will he accept being sent to the AHL? I doubt it.