Thread: Speculation: Sharp, Versteeg, Byfuglien
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 07:17 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Steeger has spent most of his time here in Chicago on our checking line , That is why his production is similar to Buff's.

Both have spent most of time on Checking line RW (Steeger did play a good chunk of year as a C after Bolland went out this year though). Last year for playoffs our 3rd line was Buff-Pahlsson-Versteeg

At times our checking line was Ladd-Steeger-Buff this year when the Hawks had that awful Andrew Ebbett playing 2nd line C

this type of thinking is dangerous....

i can't speak for other teams in the NHL, but the rangers are not in the position to take a chance on a player reaching their potential in a different situation

i understand that in this new salary capped NHL you HAVE to roll the dice on gambles like this to be successul, but at the moment the rangers are simplly not in the position to do so

i think they need to take another season to see how their own youth is progressing and then have a better idea of what they need to do

so with that being said, sharp makes the most sense if he comes reasonably cheap...but once you throw a 1st rounder in the equation the deal should be off

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote