View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Heat McManus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Does it bother you that I'm not a mindless sheep, that I dare to question something like this? I know when people have original thoughts and they question others, they intimidate others not capable of thinking on their own.
No, it doesn't bother me that you "dare to question it". But when you show a lack of respect for the people whose career and livelihoods are built around it, then yeah that does bother me a bit.

You seem to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. You've been provided with two main reasons why it is done: ventilation to allow for evaporation and drainage. And zero evidence that it damages the integrity of the sole or outsole. But, you in your infinite wisdom believe the only reason people would possibly do this is because "the pros do it" and the only reason pros do it is apparently because the equipment managers have nothing better to do than drill a hole in a boot, which in your eyes damages the skate causing them to spend more money out of their budget.

Also, new skate socks are meant to whisk away the sweat, so a lot of guys aren't skating with soaked socks, the sweat seeps down to the insole, then below it. Add in that new Edge socks funnel moisture down into the skate as well and there's a few more reasons to try and get as much ventilation and drainage as possible.

This isn't tongue flopping or chewing on mouth-pieces.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote