Old
09-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I didn't say all, I said several. You won't hear any Nashville fans (on this board) say that they think Columbus will be better. But you will hear several Columbus fans say Nashville will be (or atleast some did, they may back down now that they are on the spot).

Plus, I don't see how Columbus will be better than Nashville. We still have more talent, the acquisition of two players won't make that much difference. The acquisitions of LaChance and Richardson did nothing and while, these are upgrades, they aren't going make enough difference. It's the system and lack of coach that brings Columbus down. Sydor and Marchant sure as hell won't shore up that porous D. They might upgrade the offense (does no one realize they lost Whitney here, Marchant won't be able to replace those numbers. Whitney has 5 seasons of superior numbers to Marchants career year) a touch but their D is something Sydor can't fix.
You talk like we're playing the same system as last year, despite Doug MacLean going on record as saying Columbus is switching to a more defensive minded system.