Thread: Jaro Halák!!
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I find it great that SVK can finally get behind a true solid goalie. Budaj is good, but he is on the verge of starter/backup.

Hopefully Janus can develop and have a great 1 2 punch. But I'm skeptical of everything Tampa Bay has done. Let's hope they don't screw him up.
Janus advantage is that his name is Jaroslav.....

Okay, no kidding, but you know what Halák has done might actually be considered when Tampa will be deciding about Janus in key moments. Though originally from Prešov, he also came to Slovan from a "small" club as a teenager, then went to the juniors in Canada. And he has also been just as stellar for the Slovak youth teams as Halák has. He also was a late round pick. Those are the things that are often considered. You know, like everybody interested once there is a 200cm+ D out of Slovakia, believeing that this is it and he will be the next Chára.

One another thing with Halák´s performance could be that most kids, who start playing hockey over here aren´t interested in playing goalie, most want to be forward, which I suppose is understandable with our hockey tradition. But maybe Halák´s performances will inspire others. Who knows....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote