Thread: Weber's value
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Malkin's contract scares me. He makes a ton of money and was terribly inconsistent this season. And you wonder, was it a fluke season or is there a natural and understandable decline in effort that is associated with signing a deal that sets you for life?
I didn't see him play a lot this year, but 77 points in 66 games would be the best scoring clip we've ever had. He also had several injuries, and usually plays with make-shift wingers (except on the PP with Crosby). So if that's his down year....

Also, he signed his contract in summer 08. He won the Conn Smythe in 09. So, I wouldn't necessarily say he's coasted since signing the contract.

I'd trade either Suter+ or Weber+ for Malkin. Not sure which one I would prefer. I think we can sign Suter for cheaper, but Malkin and Weber together would be a lot of goals, and have the makings of a dominant PP.

Not that it's realistic, but if this trade had the potential to happen, it'd be interesting to know the Radulov dynamic. If he and Malkin are "pals", it could add a lot of incentive for Radulov to come back. If they don't like each other, well we'd use him as trade bait for something else.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote