Thread: Weber's value
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
His numbers may be good but the Penguins PP with him on it ranked mid to lower for the entire league. My point is, you may have the right pieces, Crosby, Malkin and Gonchar, but if they don't work together, it's pointless. Sometimes it's about chemistry that makes the PP work, sometimes talent and more often than not, a mixture of both.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like Malkin here but with his cap hit and what we will have to pay Weber, that's a lot of money tied up in two guys for a long time.
At some point, we're going to have to get real 1st line talent in here to have a chance of making playoff noise. And 1st line talent is probably going to cost money, unless we get a couple Ovechkins on entry level deals. We do have the money to spend, but we'll have to shed some of the big money we're paying to 2nd-3rd tier guys.

The problem with Pittsburgh PP is they have 3 quarterbacks. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. The problem with us is we have NO PP quaterback. I think Malkin-Weber-Hornquist would have the making of a great PP. Quarterback-Best Point Shot in League-Amazing Net presence. But yeah, you don't know until you see it.

But, the point is probably moot. #1) Pittsburgh is still unlikely to trade Malkin. #2) Poile makes a good trade every 1 in 8 years. #3) Pittsburgh would probably want Weber back in the deal.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote