View Single Post
Old
05-15-2010, 12:04 AM
The Face Pincher*

vCash: 500
These are players that I think you should keep a watch on (slight homerism may be included)....

Padre's prospects to watch:
AAA players:
OF Luis Durango: He's probably the fastest player in their system. This season he's got 14 steals in 21 attempts. He can also hit pretty well (hitting .308 in 32 games) but he has no power what so ever (3 homers in minor league career). If there's an injury in the outfield he'll probably get called up.

RHP Ernesto Frieri (closer): Even though no one really talks about him(fans or non-fans) I personally like what I see based on his stats. In his first season in AAA, batters are hitting .115 off of him in 16 innings.

AA players:

2B Logan Forsythe: He's on the DL right now with a broken hand. His numbers this season aren't much above average (hitting .260), but last season he hit .300 in A+/AA.

3B James Darnell: He's good, but he's really struggling in AA. He's hitting .220 and has struck out 24 times in 100 ABs, though he's hit 4 homers so far (not bad). Apparently he's been compared to Casey Blake but he has more patience (doesn't seem like it though lol)

OF Cedric Hunter: After having an average season in his first season in AA, he seems like he's figured the AA pitchers out. He's hitting .304 and has 21 RBIs in 32 games.

RHP Simon Castro(starter): He' probably the best pitcher in our system and I can't wait to see him pitch in the majors. Last season he struck out 157 in A ball (140.1 innings pitched). This year he's got 32ks in 39.1 innings. And batters are hitting .201 off of him.

RHP Evan Scribner (reliever): Though he's overlooked, he's doing very well. 22ks in 17.1 innings with a 1.56 era, and hitters are hitting .177 off of him, and he's only walked 1 hitter this season.

A+ prospects:
SS Drew Cumberland: Hitting .394 in 26 games this season and has 14 stolen bases in 17 attempts. The only problem with him is he's had several injuries in the past.

SS Cole Figueroa: Hitting .326 in 34 games.

OF Jaff Decker: Made his season debut last night, so we'll have to see who things go from there.

RHP Brad Brach (closer): 20ks in 18 innings.

A prospects:

LHP Juan Oramas(reliever): Yet another overlooked prospect. 25ks 3bbs in 15 innings; hitters are hitting .176 off of him. He was promoted to A+ at the beginning of the month and is starting now.

Sorry if I said too much about some of the players, I just don't really have any where to pimp the Padre's prospects. Feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by The Face Pincher*: 05-15-2010 at 12:15 AM.
The Face Pincher* is offline   Reply With Quote