View Single Post
Old
05-15-2010, 05:29 AM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Alvarez is an interesting case. His power is absurd, and he'd be the biggest bopper on the Pirates right now if he was called up. There's the arbitration clock situation with him, though, and his defense is fairly poor. If Andy LaRoche keeps clubbing as well as he has been, he's not going to be rushed. It might be exciting and sell tickets if they called him up, but they should be in no rush. He's hitting a shade over.250 in AAA. If he starts to absolutely dominate, he comes up. Otherwise, he should stay. The Bucs are pretty likely to bring up Tabata at some point, though. Lincoln, too, though that's much less certain.

I think Alvarez will be up very soon (early to mid June). Pirates need a power bat and Alvarez will move to 1B, he's pretty bad defensively. I agree that Tabata will get a look soon too. JMO

Some prospects who could be close to promotions (and haven't been mentioned)

Daniel Hudson (White Sox) - has been much better than stats will show. He got roughed up in 2 games. Gave up 9 runs in 1 inning of work against Clippers which inflates his numbers. He would replace Freddy Garcia.

Brett Wallace (Blue Jays) -raking in AAA. Leads PCL in home runs, .961 OPS and sporting a .305 BA. Overbay's days are numbered.

Tanner Scheppers (Rangers) - Rangers just keep on producing quality pitchers. Dominated AA and was promoted to AAA and sporting a 1.50 ERA albeit only 3 games. Before the season started I would've said a Septmeber call up but with the situation of Rangers pen he could be up by late June early July. K's a ton, I absolutely love this kid. 1 of my favorite prospects ... after Arrieta off course lol.

Jake Arrieta (Orioles) - speaking of the Devil. 1.67 ERA in AAA, the only issue is 24 walks in 43 innings. If he gets his walk issue somewhat under control he may even be better than Matusz. What he's got working for him is that O's rotation has been pretty horrid so far.

Chris Carter (A's) - just a matter of time, raking in AAA (9 HRs) and A's ae power starved.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote