View Single Post
Old
05-15-2010, 11:07 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I agree on the goal scoring potential at 25-28 most seasons with a couple 30 plus years mixed in, but I think if Colin simply starts shooting more...he'll get in upwards of 50 assists per season.

Too many times last season we saw players indecisive with the puck coming down the wing and trying to force passes to guys that were clearly focused in on the goalie's pads waiting for rebounds. With a limited budget, that personnel style is not going to change too much...therefore, if we see a more concerted effort on the part of the players (trust me, it's preached repeatedly everyday at practice) to "shoot to create" instead of forcing a pass through the defense or simply putting one straight into the goalie's chest...then things will look up.

Far too often after his final recall Wilson attempted to force passes to veterans (Arnott and Erat) instead of shooting when he had the best scoring opportunity. After a summer of watching tape and maturing, I hope he'll feel more established and realize that he has as much right to shoot the puck as anyone and subsequently we see a much bigger contribution from him regardless of what line he plays on...
Once again, SLake hits it square on the head.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote