View Single Post
Old
05-15-2010, 02:29 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
How do you know? We've never paid someone more than 4.5 million, and we are for sure going to pay 2 dmen potentially 6-7million each? I read people saying they think Weber will give a home-town discount to the Preds. Based on what? Wishful thinking?

Also, there are no guarantees that Weber and Suter have a strong desire stay here. Suter may want to test FA in 2 years, especially if the direction of the team is not good.

These are questions we can't answer. What I don't understand is when people have a strong opinion about it either way.

This is up to Poile to figure out. He should start negotiating with Weber on July 1. If he doesn't think it's likely he's going to be a long-term Pred, or he wants something like 8m, then we have to look at trading him.

We could afford both Webs and Suts, but do we really want to have roughly 14-15 million tied up in two guys on defense???

I saw re sign Weber, trade Suter to the Canucks for a package like Hodgson, Kesler, and 1st rounder??? I know Gillis doesnt want to deal young talent, but to get a guy like Suter you will have to.

I still like the basis of Arnott, Sullivan, or Dumont going there and waiving their NMC's!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote