View Single Post
Old
05-15-2010, 03:12 PM
obanga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I think Alvarez will be up very soon (early to mid June). Pirates need a power bat and Alvarez will move to 1B, he's pretty bad defensively. I agree that Tabata will get a look soon too. JMO

Some prospects who could be close to promotions (and haven't been mentioned)

Daniel Hudson (White Sox) - has been much better than stats will show. He got roughed up in 2 games. Gave up 9 runs in 1 inning of work against Clippers which inflates his numbers. He would replace Freddy Garcia.

Brett Wallace (Blue Jays) -raking in AAA. Leads PCL in home runs, .961 OPS and sporting a .305 BA. Overbay's days are numbered.

Tanner Scheppers (Rangers) - Rangers just keep on producing quality pitchers. Dominated AA and was promoted to AAA and sporting a 1.50 ERA albeit only 3 games. Before the season started I would've said a Septmeber call up but with the situation of Rangers pen he could be up by late June early July. K's a ton, I absolutely love this kid. 1 of my favorite prospects ... after Arrieta off course lol.

Jake Arrieta (Orioles) - speaking of the Devil. 1.67 ERA in AAA, the only issue is 24 walks in 43 innings. If he gets his walk issue somewhat under control he may even be better than Matusz. What he's got working for him is that O's rotation has been pretty horrid so far.

Chris Carter (A's) - just a matter of time, raking in AAA (9 HRs) and A's ae power starved.

hmm, yeah, honestly don't know what happened to Poreda. Walked as many in 32 innings as he did in 64 with the Sox AAA. O.o

Chris Carter is going to be a stud man. wOBA of .450, hit 24 home runs in AA with an iso of .239. Also seems to have some speed with 13-5 SB ratio.
His average and strikeouts aren't looking too good right now, but he can really rake. His home-away splits are pretty big though. I wonder if his home park is a pitcher's park or something. OPS of .941 away, only .726 at home. O.o

obanga is offline   Reply With Quote