View Single Post
Old
05-16-2010, 01:45 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Hahaha! I was just about to ask BHWC what it would take for us to obtain E. Kane in the off-season.

Seriously though, any of those guys would be worth looking in to. However since Chicago is in a situation where they need to move some people I think they could end up in the same boat as D.W. was with Kovalchuk. I don't think they'll get ripped off, but they certainly could end up taking a lesser offer. I guess we'll see.
I was kinda hoping for a Steve Ruccin type deal where they clearly got him for less than he's worth due to salary cap reasons. Not saying those guys will come as cheap, but teams WILL def try and lowball the Hawks.

I'm not really a fan of full finesse hockey. You need players with skill, but it's really a no-brainer, anytime the Rangers have gone far in the playoffs in the last 30+ years (79, especially 1981, 86, 94 of course, and 97) they had very tough teams with hard hitting back ends. That 1981 team is a perfect example of just beating their way up to the Conference Finals.

A guy like Byfuglien would go a long way here. Sather is concerned with too much finesse. The backend needs some more snarl as well.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote