View Single Post
Old
05-16-2010, 08:52 AM
TheHMan

vCash: 500
Snap Shot Question

Right now I'm working through a couple of different types of shots. The snap shot is giving me a bit of an issue with height.

There are two ways that I've learned to do a snap shot, one is by setting the puck in front of your stick using the heel and gently pushing it in the direction of your target, and the other is doing a slight toe drag and pulling it in towards you. Both I can do fine and I'm getting decent stability and accuracy, but the one where you draw it towards you with a small toe drag has a nasty habit of sailing high. That one in particular gets a good amount of spin, and it can be quite level but it's also a bit of a riser and probably tilted back a bit. It should be noted that setting the puck using my heel and pushing it towards the target doesn't do this.

One of the things I'm thinking of is the fact that I'm using a more open blade and I've heard that having that on the toe can produce that effect. Is that my issue in this case or should I be doing something to keep the shot a bit lower?

On a somewhat related note, I'm going to be changing sticks and trying a slightly more closed pattern anyway. I'm looking at the One55 but I've heard that everyone seems to prefer the vapors to it because the 55 feels heavy. Personally, I'm not big on sticks that weigh nothing and I'd really prefer something that gives me a good feel for the puck and a little bit of stiffness for passing. Is this something that the 55 does well enough or is there something else I should be looking at?

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote